Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

The plan was to have a picture right here with dad and kids but that pictures has yet to be taken:) We had a nice relaxing day, which is what the dad wanted. Went to church, came home and I read the paper while the children napped/rested, had a mid day grill fest, kids wrestled and played games with dad, then we all went and played outside, read books and off to bed. It had been a busy work week for James so it was an extra nice day for all of us.


I've been working on memorizing this verse for the week. Every time I read it I think about the country I live in and how important it is to pray for our country.

2 Chronicles 7:14

....if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear them from heaven and will forgive their sins and will heal their land.



In the paper today was an article about saving money on groceries. I was excited as there were a couple websites I haven't looked at yet. So I checked them out and was a bit disappointed. I live in a state that just doesn't have much in the way of sales. I'm not sure I'll ever get better than a 40% savings. But I have been able to get some free stuff and I have to say that's soo FUN! so I'll keep plugging away at it:)

No comments: