Monday, February 4, 2008

Are you LOST?

I was gone this weekend at a lovely retreat on the North Shore. We stayed at "the other's camp" I actually stayed in creepy Ben's cabin.
It was a great weekend filled with God's word and fellowship with my sisters in Christ. We had a great speaker explain inductive bible study, which wow, kinda blows my mind with all that goes into it! Seems like that could be a career of it's own right there. But I am reminded that there is a time for everything, maybe getting into this deep study isn't right for me now but I hope to be able to use the skills I learned to dig further into scripture and gleamed many things that I can use now.

Remember the kids playing in LOST?



Or this Gazebo? (which btw who plops a gazebo in the middle of a walkway?)



We saw lots of different wildlife. This guy is just so cute, I love the white spot on his nose!


It was a very rainy weekend but the Lord blessed us and stopped the rain around lunchtime on Saturday and held if off until that night which allowed us to do all our outdoor activities. I chose a hike, rock wall climb and archery. We ended the evening around the campfire on the beach singing praise, eating s'mores and star gazing. The stars were so bright! God is good!


Here is another LOST fact for you. the building on the right was used in the scene in which Kate was tied to the pool table.



Some more of God's beauty. You look one direction and you have the blue ocean and the other direction the green mountains. So peaceful





Lost? You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:13




James and the kids did well this weekend 'on their own'. James actually worked today so some lovely friends of ours watched the kids for us until I got home. So IF nothing else happened this weekend, my husband has told me how much he appreciates me because he got a taste of what daily life is around here and realized how hard it is to get things done with everyone going in different directions....which is worth going away for a weekend in itself!

No comments: