I had a craving for cookies, couldn't decide what kind. Outta chocolate so thought I'd look in a recipe book for some inspiration. Ended up making some from a cook book my grandma gave me for my birthday the year I graduated high school. I was looking at the front of the book right before I started to post this and noticed my grandma got the book the year I was born. So it's been around awhile ;)
From The Cookie Jar
1 cup firmly packed golden brown sugar
1/2 cup soft butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup raisins
3/4 cup canned crushed pineapple, undrained
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts(optional)
1. Combine brown sugar, butter, egg and vanilla extract in mixing bowl Beat until fluffy.
2. Add raisins and pineapple; mix thoroughly.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in nuts.
4. Drop the mixture by spoonfuls 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets.
5. Bake at 375F 12-15 minutes.
makes about 4 dozen cookies
We made 2 batches today-both yummy. The first batch was nice and fluffy the second one not so much. Though that was probably due to human error as by the second batch things get kind of crazy around here with babies fussy and kids impatient to try out the cookies-LOL!
Also I probably made mine bigger than the recipe called for so had to cook them a little longer.