Wednesday, January 27, 2010

This and that

We said good bye (for now) to some friends Saturday. They are headed out to the east coast for awhile. Was going to post of a picture of the kids with them but I'm working on the hubby's computer for now and he has a whole different picture program than I do and I'm not finding the easy button(aka fix red eye here)-how's that for a really long sentence! If little bit ever gives me more than half a second maybe I can play around with that a bit.

We made some yummy cookies today. I had thought to make some yesterday so we could send some with our traveling man but it didn't make the cut. Too bad guess we'll have to eat them all! I actually baked half and rolled the other half up in plastic wrap(like a log) and put in a freezer bag. So next time we want to make some we just take out and slice and bake. This is the first time I've tried this trick so I'll let you know how it works. Here is the recipe we tried. Borrowed it from a friend who raved about it. I can't follow a recipe so I used rice flour instead of all purpose, not as much sugar and was out of nuts...but it was basically the same, right? LOL

No comments: