Wednesday, October 14, 2009

pumpkins, oh my!



If you you are a friend on facebook then you'll get to see a few pictures of the kids at the pumpkin patch(we were with a group and everyone had name tags) But if not this picture above is the end result. Pumpkin anyone?


Last night I had that strange sensation you get when you think you've forgotten someone. I was out by myself and had noone with me but felt I should look in the back just in case someone(child) was there. I've had that happen too when they are all in the car but someones being extra quiet. Roll call please, must make sure everyone is accounted for. So far I haven't left anyone behind but it's best to be cautious(no I'm not paranoid!)

I found much irony in a recent science experiment. We've been studying Ancient Egypt. The topic of mummies and how they were preserved was brought up. So we were using bread to see how fast mold would grow(you following?) We had one piece of toast, one piece of bread with antiseptic and one regular piece of bread all in there own bags. FYI in this weather bread grows mold fast, we usually keep it in the fridge so it will last. It took FOREVER for that silly old piece of bread to grow mold, if fact we accidentally grew mold in our regular bread that didn't get put in the fridge over the weekend before that one piece grew mold!

No comments: