Thursday, August 9, 2007

this and that

It's another hot day over here. It would make a wonderful beach day if those pesky jelly fish would go out to sea. I7 had an encounter with them this summer that he still hasn't forgotten. Heck I haven't forgotten the sting from a few years ago. Go swim away little jellies.

Our first week of school has been going great. We learned about the pledge of allegiance and have started talking about the Vikings today. I7 likes the book Viking Adventures by Clyde Robert Bulla. Story is interesting and it is a good fit for his reading level. I5 likes the book I pledge allegiance by Bill Martin Jr and Michael Sampson. It explains what all the words in the pledge mean, she likes to read the pledge and has me read all the meanings. We had a science experiment today which is always fun-we tried to see if we could float some eggs and we did!

J3 is grumpy, I think lack of sleep so we are trying to get him back on schedule and little one well we are just trying to get him on a schedule.....one day I will sleep again right??

I finished making a bag I started too long ago to remember:) I5 likes it and wants one, told her I'd think about it. She collects bags! But what a great Christmas idea. We are planning on making aprons. Why is it that reading instructions from these patterns is like reading a forgein language? Wish us luck in our endeavor!

No comments: