Monday, March 8, 2010

menu plans

I don't know about you but I love to look at other peoples ideas about what to eat. I'm big on stocking up(the few trips the better!) and making ahead. Last week I browned up all the ground meat I'll need for the next month. Today and tomorrow are baking days-made a batch of butterhorn rolls and 2 loaves of french bread today. Tomorrow making hamburger buns and pumpkin bread. I usually try to premake a couple meals that I can pull out on busy day too. This helps us eat better(not so tempting to fast food and is healthier for us!) and helps my sanity in trying to get a meal together with a little more speed.

Anyway since my mom had asked for meal ideas for when we visit next thought I'd go ahead and post what's on the menu for the next 2 weeks.

Breakfast
Steel cut oats
Quinoa
Brown Rice (all three of these are served with milk and fruit)
pancakes/waffles with bacon and juice
muffins or pumpkin bread with yogurt
Egg casserole with fruit


Lunch- not big on lunch planning usually leftovers or PB & J
leftovers
pb & j or lunch meat sandwich with veggies
humus and veggies
guacamole with chips and fruit smoothie
salmon turnovers and fruit or veggie
mac & cheese with hot dogs/sausage

Dinner
Roast, potatoes, carrots, green beans, apple sauce and rolls

Taco salad

Chicken soup and rolls

Chicken & rice casserole, apple sauce

Chili Mac and Peas

Pizza with salad or fruit(usually have this on Friday nights)

Pasta with white sauce, veggie and bread

Grill burgers, coleslaw and potato salad

Beef Stroganoff with peas and apple sauce

Tamale pie with salad and fruit

Taco soup

Snacks - don't always have but options are:
chips and salsa
smoothie
popcorn
string cheese
homemade cookies(love to eat but not often inspired to bake!)

No comments: